This page contains the latest information about exams, including statutory guidance and notices provided by JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications). Additionally you will find information about forthcoming exam seasons, a full exam timetable for any forthcoming exams and forms to be completed if an exam result appeal is required.
Documents coming soon:
- Re-marks and fees for summer exams 2018 (available late summer term)
- Results day details (available June)
Joint Council for Qualifications Notices
Every year JCQ issues notices to candidates to make sure all exam board regulations are followed. Copies of all JCQ notices are found in the files for download at the bottom of the page.
Exam timetables and key dates
|18th-20th September 2017||Year 7 CATS and NGRT|
|20th September 2017||November GCSE resit form deadline|
|1st-8th November 2017||November GCSE exams
University admission tests
|30th November 2017||Summer 2017 certificates available|
|12th January 2018||November GCSE results available|
|19th January 2018||Summer GCSE and A-Level resit form deadline|
|14th May-25th June 2018||Summer GCSE and A-Level exams|
|16th August 2018||Summer A-Level results available|
|23rd August 2018||Summer GCSE results available|
|30th November||Summer 2018 certificates available for collection|
A complete exam timetable for the summer 2018 exam season is available for download below.
Results are released to students as follows :
- A-Level results are available from 8am on Thursday 16th August 2018. AS results can be collected on the same day from 9.00am.
- GCSE results are available from 9.00am on Thursday 23rd August 2018.
On each of the results days are number of services are available to support students and families with regard to decision making and next steps. It is also an opportunity for celebration of the excellence achieved by so many. On results days:
- Subject staff are available to advise on options choices.
- There is support for A-Level students needing to contact Universities or go through clearing.
- Advice is available with regard to any re-marks.
- Offers are confirmed for post-16 places, with advice for students who may need to consider other choices.
Certificates for students who have left are available to collect from main reception.
If a friend of relative (including parents) is collecting certificates on behalf of the student please complete the permission for collection form available below. They should bring this form with them when they come to collect the certificates.
Unfortunately we are unable to post certificates due to their high replacement costs and for reasons of security.
There are 2 main options available to students if they wish to query an external examinations result. A request can be made for the return of a paper and/or a marking review.
- Requesting the return of a paper can sometimes help ascertain if a post-results review is worthwhile, which can be requested after the paper has been perused.
- A post-results review of marking is carried out to make sure the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly, and includes clerical checks. In most cases, you can expect to receive the outcome of these requests in approximately one week.
Paper returns and marking reviews have a fee charged by the exam board. These vary between qualifications and boards with details included on the review forms (available shortly before each results day). If an appeal is successful and the exam grade is altered the fee is refunded.
Past papers and specifications
Specifications for courses and any available past papers are available on the exam board's websites, with information about which courses are currently being studied at school within subject areas on this website. Students will also have been informed of the exam courses they are studying.