How to Apply
Teacher training vacancies are listed within the DFE website - ‘Find Postgraduate Teacher Training’ and applications can be made through UCAS. For this you will need register by creating an account and submitting personal details including your address, qualifications and previous employment.
In addition, you will be asked to write a personal statement. These vary from person to person, but we would recommend that you include -
- reasons for choosing to train to teach,
- why working with your chosen age range appeals to you,
- how your degree will benefit you as a teacher and any subject specialisms you may have,
- more details about any relevant experience of working with young people, and
- an exploration of your educational philosophy.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your application and your references have been completed, your application will be sent to our partner university, Nottingham Trent University, and the host school that you have applied to train in.
Within a couple of weeks, we will be in touch to let you know whether you have been invited to interview for the position, and with more details about any interview that you are being asked to attend.
If you have any specific questions about your training after exploring our website, please contact us:
School Direct Administrator