Exam Board - OCR Level 3
The nature of the course:
Designed in collaboration with experts spanning the breadth of the sector, the Cambridge Technicals in IT focuses on the skills, knowledge and understanding that today’s universities and employers demand.
IBM, Barclays, CompTIA, Cisco, BT, Naace and Tech Partnership (SSC)
Important points for this qualification are:
- Attracts UCAS points at Level 3
- Backed by major companies such as IBM, Barclays, CompTIA, BT and Cisco
- Recognised by top colleges and HEIs to ensure the units include content and skills, that’s employers are seeking
Unit 1 - Fundamentals of IT Examination worth 20%.
Unit 2 - Global Information Examination worth 20%.
Unit 3-5 internally assessed coursework components Non Examined worth 20% each (60%)
These units can be tailored to enable learners to achieve different pathways.
ICT can lead on to careers in:
• IT Infrastructure Technician
• Emerging Digital Technology Practitioner
• Application Developer
• Data Analyst