The Minster Learning Alliance is pleased to offer work experience to individuals who are considering teaching as a career. Work experience in a school is highly recommended and valued by all universities and schools running Initial Teacher Training courses. Most universities now expect prospective teachers to spend at least 10 days in schools prior to applying for a teacher training course.
At the Minster School we have 3 weeks available for this type of experience. During the week we aim to give participants the widest experience we can.
What will the week include?
The week will include:
- An introduction to the Minster School
- Discussion of training routes into teaching
- A tour of the school
- Observation of teaching in a subject area
- The chance to talk to current trainees and Newly Qualified Teachers about their experiences
- Opportunities to meet with staff with responsibility for pastoral care and Special Educational Needs
Please note that the programmes for these weeks will be very similar so you only need to attend one.
Dates for 2021-22 will be published in due course.
Places during these weeks will be limited both in total and within each department of the school. They will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you would like to discuss work experience further please contact:
Mrs Alison Hallam
ITE & NQT Co-ordinator
01636 817 000