The Minster Teaching School Alliance is pleased to offer work experience to individuals who are considering teaching as a career. Work experience in a school is highly recommended and valued by all universities and schools running Initial Teacher Training courses. Most universities now expect prospective teachers to spend at least 10 days in schools prior to applying for a teacher training course.
At the Minster School we have 3 weeks available for this type of experience. During the week we aim to give participants the widest experience we can.
What Will The Week Include?
The week will include:
- An introduction to the Minster School
- Discussion of training routes into teaching
- A tour of the school
- Observation of teaching in a subject area
- The chance to talk to current trainees and Newly Qualified Teachers about their experiences
- Opportunities to meet with staff with responsibility for pastoral care and Special Educational Needs
Please note that the programmes for these weeks will be very similar so you only need to attend one.
The dates for 2017-18 are weeks beginning:
- 9th October 2017
- 22nd January 2018
- 25th June 2018
Dates for 2018-19 are weeks beginning:
- 8th October 2018
- 21st January 2019
- 24th June 2019
Places during these weeks will be limited both in total and within each department of the school. They will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you would like to discuss attending work experience further please contact Mrs Nicole Lyons, Assistant Head firstname.lastname@example.org 01636 817 365