This page contains the latest information about exams, including statutory guidance and notices provided by JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications). Additionally you will find information about forthcoming exam seasons, a full exam timetable for any forthcoming exams and forms to be completed if an exam result appeal is required.
Our 2019 Results day guidance for students, parents and carers can be downloaded below.
Results are released to students:
- A-Level results are available from 8:00am on Thursday 15 August 2019. AS results can be collected on the same day from 9:00am.
- GCSE results are available from 9:00am on Thursday 22 August 2019.
On each of the results days there are a number of services available to support students and families with regard to decision making and next steps. It is also an opportunity for celebration of the excellence achieved by so many. On results days:
- Subject staff are available to advise on options choices.
- There is support for A-level students needing to contact Universities or go through clearing.
- Advice is available with regard to any mark reviews and script returns
- Offers are confirmed for post-16 places, with advice for students who may need to consider other choices.
Available to download below are:
- Permission for a friend or relative to collect exam results
- Student guide to mark reviews and script returns
- List of exam paper codes for mark reviews and script returns
- Mark review and script return form GCSE
- Mark review and script return form A-Level
- Coming soon - A-level options change forms
Joint Council for Qualifications Notices
Every year JCQ issues notices to candidates to make sure all exam board regulations are followed. Copies of all JCQ notices are found in the files for download at the bottom of the page.
Exam timetables and key dates
The summer 2019 external exam timetable is available to download at the bottom of the page.
|15 August 2019||Summer A-level results available|
|22 August 2019||Summer GCSE results available|
|16-18 September 2019||Year 7 Cognitive Ability and Reading Tests|
|20 September 2019||November GCSE re-sit form deadline|
|04-11 November 2019||November GCSE English and Maths re-sit exams|
|29 November 2019||Summer 2019 exam certificates available to collect|
|02-18 December 2019||Year 11 mock GCSE exams|
|16 January 2020||November GCSE results released|
|17 January 2020||Summer GCSE and A-Level re-sit form deadline|
|11 May - 18 June 2020||Summer GCSE and A-level exams|
|Up to 24 June 2020||Exam contingency period|
|13 August 2020||Summer A-level results released|
|20 August 2020||Summer GCSE results released|
|30 November 2020||Summer 2020 exam certificates available to collect|
Summer 2018 exam certificates are now available to collect.
Certificates for students who have left are available to collect from main reception.
If a friend of relative (including parents) is collecting certificates on behalf of the student please complete the permission for collection form available below. They should bring this form with them when they come to collect the certificates.
Unfortunately we are unable to post certificates due to their high replacement costs and for reasons of security.
Past papers and specifications
Specifications for courses and any available past papers are available on the exam board's websites, with information about which courses are currently being studied at school within subject areas on this website. Students will also have been informed of the exam courses they are studying.