Joining the Alliance
The Minster Teaching School is keen to work with like-minded schools to bring about improvements for all students. We do not seek to 'recruit' actively to our Alliance and are proud that schools have joined us because they value the opportunities which we can develop together as an alliance in which every school is an equal and active member.
Who can become a member of the Alliance?
Any school can join the MTSA as long as they share our ethos of collaboration and learning from each other. The MTSA is a voluntary agreement between schools to work together by way of mutual support. There are no structural ties, and no element of sponsorship or control. However, Alliance members make a commitment to be active participants, both in terms of engaging in MTSA activities as participants and providers.
Minster Teaching School Alliance members receive:
- Representation as an equal partner on the MTSA Head Teachers' group, which shapes the MTSA strategic direction and activities
- 10% reduction on all MTSA-run continuing professional and leadership development programmes
- Further reductions for one-off twilight events
- Involvement in and funding for national and local research and development projects
- Participation in the School Direct training programme
- Access to school-to-school support within MTSA (charged individually)
- Nationally recognised designations for outstanding practitioners in your school
- Subsidised participation in Outstanding and Improving Teacher Programmes on a 3 for 2 basis
- Membership of Primary and Secondary hubs, meeting six times each year
In addition the MTSA collaborates with other Teaching Schools, Nottinghamshire Local Authority and the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham on a range of projects which offer opportunities to member schools.