The Minster School Sixth Form has a long tradition of achieving great results in examinations, the combination of hard work by students, support at home and excellent teaching in school.
In 2020 grades were awarded to students through a process of centre assessed grades. More can be found about this process here:
Our students dealt with these challenging circumstances fantastically, particularly given the uncertainty and sudden changes which affected their final outcomes. We are so proud of our students and the grades they achieve every year and this year is no exception. These grades were earnt through hard work during their time in school and are an excellent set of outcomes.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection found us to be Outstanding:
“All aspects of provision were judged to be of the very highest quality and as a result students make outstanding progress. The school has done exceptionally well in ensuring high levels of consistency across all subjects and for all groups of students. This highly impressive picture applies equally to the sixth form”
Published A Level results 2020
- Average grade achieved of B per A Level taken.
- 1/3 students achieving AAB or better
- 38% of A-levels grade A or higher.
- This year no progress measures were generated, due to the exceptional circumstances in which grades were awarded
Published A Level results (2019)
Average grade achieved of C+ per A Level taken.
A value added score of 0.14 for A Level and 0.09 for all qualifications. For the second year running this places as as 'above average'.
80% of students achieving at least one C grade or above at A Level.
Ranked 6th in the county for progress.
Published A Level results (2018)
Average grade achieved of B- per A Level taken.
Average point score per A Level entry 35.49 as compared to the 32.12 national average.
Value added score of 0.15 for A Levels and 0.09 for all qualifications. This is 'above average'.
Analysis places the school in the top 10% of providers for the A Level results achieved when considering the prior attainment of students.
Published A Level results (2017)
- Average grade achieved of C+ or B- for best three qualifications.
- Average point score per qualification entry 36.77 as compared to a national average of 32.41.
- 99% of students completed their main programme of study as compared to an average of 96% nationally.
Retake GCSEs in English and Maths
- No students were required to resit their English GCSE
- 60% of students who resat their maths GCSE made an improvement as compared to 36% nationally