The Minster School Sixth Form has a long tradition of achieving great results in examinations, the combination of hard work by students, support at home and excellent teaching in school. Last year our A level students achieved exceptionally well. Our results from this summer included:
Over 50% of A level grades at A*- B
Over 98% of A level grades at A*- E
Over 90% of students achieving three or more A Level grades
Our most recent Ofsted inspection found us to be Outstanding:
“All aspects of provision were judged to be of the very highest quality and as a result students make outstanding progress. The school has done exceptionally well in ensuring high levels of consistency across all subjects and for all groups of students. This highly impressive picture applies equally to the sixth form”
Our latest A Level results
- Average grade achieved of C+ or B- for best three qualifications.
- Average point score per qualification entry 36.77 as compared to a national average of 32.41.
- 99% of students completed their main programme of study as compared to an average of 96% nationally.
Retake GCSEs in English and Maths
- No students was required to resit their English GCSE
- 60% of students who resat their maths GCSE made an improvement as compared to 36% nationally