The Minster School Sixth Form has a long tradition of achieving great results in examinations, the combination of hard work by students, support at home and excellent teaching in school. Results day is an exciting moment in our students lives and this year (2019) we were immensely proud of their results.
Of our students collecting results 62% of A level students achieved at least one A*- B. Their average grade achieved at A Level was a C+.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection found us to be Outstanding:
“All aspects of provision were judged to be of the very highest quality and as a result students make outstanding progress. The school has done exceptionally well in ensuring high levels of consistency across all subjects and for all groups of students. This highly impressive picture applies equally to the sixth form”
Provisional A Level results (2019)
Average grade achieved of C+ per A Level taken.
Early indications of a value added score of 0.02.
80% of students achieving at least one C grade or above at A Level.
Published A Level results (2018)
Average grade achieved of B- per A Level taken.
Average point score per A Level entry 35.49 as compared to the 32.12 national average.
Value added score of 0.15 for A Levels and 0.09 for all qualifications. This is 'above average'.
Analysis places the school in the top 10% of providers for the A Level results achieved when considering the prior attainment of students.
Published A Level results (2017)
- Average grade achieved of C+ or B- for best three qualifications.
- Average point score per qualification entry 36.77 as compared to a national average of 32.41.
- 99% of students completed their main programme of study as compared to an average of 96% nationally.
Retake GCSEs in English and Maths
- No students were required to resit their English GCSE
- 60% of students who resat their maths GCSE made an improvement as compared to 36% nationally