Enrichment is a key part of students’ learning and personal development. We host a range of opportunities for students to engage further with their academic learning and to develop personal qualities through a range of events, visits and extra-curricular activities.
Typical Annual Events
- Year 7 – ‘TRASHION’ Enterprise Day
- Year 8 – Humanities Day
- Year 9 – First Aid Training
- Year 10 – Tenner Challenge – students work in teams to make a profit from an initial loan of £10, with profits then being donated to charity
- Year 11 – Mock Interviews
- Annual School Production (in recent years we have performed Into The Woods, Billy Elliot and Les Miserables)
- School Triathlon
- End of Year Carnival or Sports Day
Typical Annual Visits
- Year 7 Walesby House Residential (all students).
- Year 7 day visits in Science, Geography and History.
- Year 8 day visits in Science and History.
- Year 8 residential visits in Spanish and PE.
- GCSE residential visits for History, French, Spanish and German.
- GCSE day visits for Geography, History, ICT, English, Drama, Music and Science.
- Residential visits to London (Performing Arts) and our annual Ski Trip to Davos open to all years.
- Post-16 residential visit to either Iceland or Washington DC.
In Year 12, students have the opportunity to work within a team to create and run a business for a year, with individuals working in specific roles. Teams then compete locally, regionally and nationally as part of a scheme involving around 1500 teams nationally. We have enjoyed great success in Young Enterprise in recent years, with our teams reaching the top 12 to compete in national finals twice in the past three years.