The well-being of students in school is of great importance and at Minster School we have a team of professionals to support students with their pastoral needs so they can learn and engage well with school life.
The pastoral team works with students in a range of ways to make sure they are well supported and ready for learning :
- Individual conversations and support to resolve issues and address concerns.
- Support for specific pastoral needs with students.
- Making sure the wider staff are well informed about students’ needs and how they can support them.
- Liaising with parents/carers and with outside agencies to best meet student needs.
- Working with families and students to make sure attendance is good.
- Supporting good student behaviour in school through the consequences system.
- Recognising achievements and celebrating success.
- Safeguarding children and providing first aid.
Alongside the pastoral support team, tutors work every day with students to afford them a sense of belonging and to quickly pick up any matters of concern. Tutors are often the best point of contact for parents/carers.